Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Zooey and Joseph meet Sid and Nancy

Though it is easily my favorite current TV drama, I promise I'm not gonna simply report when each member of the cast of "Friday Night Lights" moves on to movies, but this actually sounds like it could be pretty good.

I've always had a thing for surfing movies. I think it's at least in part because I grew up about a half hour away from Ocean City, Md., and though I saw plenty of surfers there, I was never able to master the art myself. A matter of balance, mostly.

For a fairly recent flick that purports to tell the history of the sport (and does a pretty darn good job of it), check out "Riding Giants," which should be readily available on DVD. And now, it seems that Aimee Teegarden, a k a coach Taylor's son Julie (who, since she hasn't graduated yet, I'd assume will be returning to the show), will get to star in her very own surfing movie.

Called "Beautiful Wave," it's set to star Teegarden as a teenager who goes to live with her grandmother (Patricia Richardson, a k a Mrs. Home Improvement) and discovers both the sport of surfing and a "family secret."

OK, I know that's an awful lot about a movie that's probably headed straight to DVD, but I found it interesting, and to me that's all that really matters.

Much better is this rather remarkable "Cinemash" video featuring Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon Levitt, easily two of my favorite actors, as Sid and Nancy. In that order.

It's pitched as a parody, but as you watch it you'll see that's really not at all the case. They each really get into it, especially the way Levitt captures all the desperate energy of Nancy Spungeon.

Being a "Cinemash," it morphs into a promo for "500 Days of Summer" by the end, another flick which I'll have to wait for on DVD, unfortunately.

And, since I can't think of anything that would brighten a Wednesday more, I've included a bonus video of Gary Oldman doing Sid doing "My Way." Priceless. Enjoy, and have a perfectly bearable Wednesday.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does acai berry really work
promethazine codeine syrup
Advanced acai berry
oxycotton shows up as codeine
Acai berry capsules
codeine social consequences
Acai berry facts
codeine without a prescription
Acai berry slim
codeine vs morphine testing
Does acai berry really work
promethazine vc w codeine adult dosage
Acai berry fruit blast
promethazine codeine
Does acai berry work
promethazine codeine medicine
Side effects of acai berry
purple codeine
Acai berry facts
codeine sulfate