Monday, April 10, 2006

Beerfest


This may not be news to anyone but me, but it made my morning.

Broken Lizard, the comedy troupe behind the very funny "Super Troopers" and somewhat less funny "Club Dread," have just finished filming their next movie, "Beerfest."

With a title like that just about anything is possible, but here is the summary available on the IMDB: "Two brothers travel to Germany for Oktoberfest, only to stumble upon secret, centuries-old competition described as a "Fight Club" with beer games."

If you don't think that could be funny, move on. Personally, I was laughing already as I read it. "Super Troopers" is, for me, a cathartic kind of movie, one I can watch at the end of a long day and just laugh from start to finish. If this comes even close, I'll be happy.

Here's a little from the guys posted a little while ago at Myspace:

"We're about a week away from finishing shooting Beerfest. Great stuff so far. Everyone is sick and exhausted. Looking forward to being done.

Warner Bros. has set a release date of Aug. 25. So you won't have to wait long before you see our latest epic saga of mirth and vomiting. Of course, these dates can change, so don't start camping out for tickets yet. Ah, fuck it. If you want to camp out for 6 months, who are we to stop you?

We're trying to get brokenlizard.com up and running again, so keep checking back. And we've got a deep bin of unread messages, so we apologize for not being great pen pals.

Rock and Roll."

An epic saga of mirth and vomiting? Bring it on. The Broken Lizard guys - Erik Stolhanske, Jay Chandrasekhar, Steve Lemme, Kevin Heffernan and Paul Soter - just seem like the kind of guys you'd want to drink a lot of beer with.

In a parallel move, my brother and I, accompanied by at least five members of his army of Minnesota soccer geeks, will be travelling to Germany ourselves for the World Cup. I don't anticipate joining in any "Fight Club" beer-drinking activities, but I'll let you know if I find any.

2 comments:

Chalupa said...

This movie sounds pretty sweet. I, for one, will be looking forward to it.

Mostskillz said...

The Broken Lizards ROCK!!

Can't wait!