Friday, March 31, 2006

Jeffrey Tambor's new gig


I guess you could call this the first "Arrested Development" alumni update.

Just after that series got what seems to be its final order to cease and desist, Jeffrey Tambor has been cast in the NBC comedy pilot "Twenty Good Years," according to the always-reliable Hollywood Reporter.

Tambor will co-star with John Lithgow in the project about two men in their 50s who experience personal epiphanies and decide to make the most of their next 20 years. The comedy was penned by Michael Leeson, who is executive producing the pilot along with Tom Werner, Eric Gold, Jimmy Miller and Mike Clements.

I don't watch much sitcom TV these days beyond "My Name is Earl" and "Everybody Hates Chris," but this sounds like it could be fun. I've loved Tambor's deadpan delivery ever since his run on "The Larry Sanders Show," and Lithgow is solid. It will be interesting to see how they play off each other.

Though the ages are different, this reminds me of the great BBC sitcom "Waiting for God." It used to run on PBS' British night, and starred Stephanie Cole and Graham Crowden as nursing home residents struggling to keep their spirits up. Sounds like a bit of a drag, I know, but trust me, it's wickedly funny.

Plus, on a tangent, there's just three days until opening day! If you want some enjoyable reading, check out new Oriole Kevin Millar's diary. Among the latest gems is that, having already convinced pitching coach Leo Mazzone to get a tattoo, manager Sam Perlozzo is next on his list. I sure do like him a lot more than Sammy Sosa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man that sucks! Arrested Development was one of the few shows I really enjoyed!